Saturday, July 4, 2015

winter on July 4th

Even though it's a holiday, I somehow manage to wake up super early, thanks to the lovely birds, in the neighborhood, chirruping away ever so loudly.

Here's another for this week's Simon Wednesday Challenge: We are going dotty! This is also an entry to PTI Make It Monday Challenge #216.

Originally this was going to be birthday card. However, when I started coloring "happy" in shades of blue, I thought to myself, "winter is more like it!" So I changed sequence colors and the background to a textured, dotted paper to mimic snow. And then I added silver glitter wash tape to give it some spark.


I tried to angle the card and change the flash setting on the camera to help reveal some of the snow dots in the background. Here's another picture. 


Colors: pacific point (SU), night of navy (SU)
Stamps & die: phrase play #5 (PTI)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful shaker! i love the colors :) thank you so much for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete